Sunday, September 10, 2017

Colorado Trail - Day 1

August 12, 2017
Camped 20.5 7247'

Yesterday I flew into Denver and a friend, Conrad picked me up at the airport and hosted me for the night. We stopped at a pub for dinner and beer.

I didn't sleep well. Too much beer? I ended up with a headache most of the day.

Conrad dropped me off at the trailhead about 8:15 and I was on trail about half past. Thank you Conrad!

I saw a couple of deer early on, then a bunch of bighorn sheep, so cool.

I met lots of others starting their CT thru today. A couple, Gabby & Steve. We hiked together for several miles and we're camped at the same spot. Met another couple (Geisha & Katie) and two gals that hiked the AT last year (Hiccups & Freebee). Also met three guys that are hiking to Breckenridge.

At the start of segment 2, a thunderstorm rolled in while getting water. It was short lived. I ended up eating dinner there next to the Platte River before finishing the day.


Waterton Canyon, the Start







First Camp

No comments:

Post a Comment