Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Colorado Trail - Day 4

August 15, 2017
Camped 91.3 (26.8) 9957'

Doing 22 today wouldn't workout with the terrain, so I decided to try for 27 instead. That would set me up for a 13 mile day into Breckenridge tomorrow.

Everything was pretty damp so packing up was a pain. We got going at 6:30. We finally started to get some big views. Berno pulled away on the climbs. He had his tent out to dry at Kenosha Pass. I hung my tarp to dry too.

We dumped our garbage at the Kenosha Pass campground then continued. Again Berno pulled ahead on the climbs but was resting at Jefferson Creek. After Jefferson Creek is a 1900' climb to 11,874' so we said or goodbyes. Berno's instagram is @the_bearno.

The climb went well. It was fairly gradual and I was able to keep a good pace, just not Berno's. When the trees cleared, I could see him cresting the ridge over a half mile ahead.

Shortly after summiting, the CDT joins the CT. I'll be able to hike over 300 miles of the CDT; I'm pretty stoked about that!

I had dinner at the first water after the summit, then continued to where I'm camped. My stomach's been bothering me and I'm having trouble eating. Hopefully things will be better tomorrow.

Morning Dew



Me and Berno






Hello CDT!

No comments:

Post a Comment