Saturday, September 16, 2017

Colorado Trail - Day 20

August 31, 2017
Camped at 375.9 (18.5) 11,985'

I didn't sleep well last night. My plan was to take a noon shuttle back to the trail but Nathan offered to drive Eric and I there and he would do a hike too.

When we got to the trailhead, Sam & Alex were there trying to hitch into Lake City. It was fun to see them and catch up.

Eric and I were on trail at 11:30. A few miles in and we saw Madeline & Joshua. It was nice to see them again too. They are such a nice couple; Joshua was cooking some food and offered me some.

After about nine miles, we stopped at a spring for water right when it started raining hard. We put on our rain gear and got water in a hurry.

The day went really well. We reached the CT high point and enjoyed hiking with each other.

There were two tents near where we camped. I wondered if Mike and Kathy were in one of them.

We got everything set up and had dinner. It was really nice to have company.





Eric, "This is Why We're Here!"


Lake City's Lake



Where's the Pot of Gold?

Snow Mesa Lit Up (Where I Last Camped)

Colorado Trail High Point - 13,271'



Almost to Camp

No comments:

Post a Comment