Sunday, September 17, 2017

Colorado Trail - Day 24

September 4, 2017
Camped at 471.1 (26.6) 9,072'

I slept good last night and it wasn't cold either. I was up and on the trail about half past seven.

Archery elk is in season and I saw and talked to a few hunters. The trail crossed a lot of roads early on and at one there were a couple of trucks parked and two bucks, one with a really nice rack. I thought that was funny as I'm sure an elk hunter can probably have a deer tag too.

I stopped to take a picture when I heard a big crack and thud. A snag toppled over right onto the trail not far from where I was. It would have been really close if I hadn't stopped.

The trail went over the last 12k ridges today, then dropped thousands of feet into a very lush and damp canyon. I'm glad I'm not camping in it.

On the descent, I caught up to Nathan. He'd been a mile or so ahead of me all day. We're camped at the same spot. Three other hikers are here too. I talked to one but the others are in their tent.

Only 13.5 miles left to the end of the CT! It's hard to believe I'm almost done; tomorrow's the day!

Sunrise from Camp








Taylor Lake



Gaines Gulch Waterfall

No comments:

Post a Comment