Monday, September 11, 2017

Colorado Trail - Day 2

August 13, 2017
Camped 42.9 (22.4) 9144'

Sometime last night, Gabby woke up crying because her legs hurt. Leg cramps can be painful.

I did not want to get up this morning, I felt really tired. The sunrise looked really nice from under the tarp, so I forced myself up and was on the trail about 7:15.

I stopped at the Buffalo Creek Firestation for water. I had 4G service so I posted a couple pictures on Instagram while there. I saw Steve and Gabby when I was getting back on trail after the firestation. I haven't seen them since. I didn't see any other CT hikers all day either.

I'm using the Colorado Trail app on my phone and had it all set up before I left home. For some reason, the maps stopped showing up on the app; all I see is a grid with the trail's track. A bit after the firestation, since I had 4G service, I downloaded the maps for the CT app. It took a few tries, but I got them. It's nice to have maps on the app!

There was lots of forest today and lots of cyclists, especially in segment 3. There wasn't too many views.

Sunrise from Bed

Time to get Up




Nice View While Downloading Maps



No comments:

Post a Comment