Saturday, September 16, 2017

Colorado Trail - Day 14

August 25, 2017
Zero day in Salida.

I had a pretty relaxing day today. I sort of slept in then went and ate the motel's breakfast. I had a waffle and yogurt. Next I did laundry. I wore my wind pants and fleece hoody and washed my socks, shorts, shirt, and wind jacket. That's all I did in the morning along with hanging out in my room. Oh, I did call a trail angel up and scheduled a ride back to Monarch Pass.

For lunch I started to walk to some restaurant I was told about but it was farther away than I wanted to go so I turned back and had lunch where I had dinner last night, at The Bounty. I ended up having dinner there again too. So much for checking out Salida.

The motel has cruiser bikes available for visitor's use. They give you a lock and a helmet. I wasn't about to where the helmet, so I put it in the basket and rode to Walmart to resupply. I bought the food I would need to get to Lake City, then went across the street to Sonic where I had a chocolate milkshake. Yum!

After that I went back to the motel and dropped things off, then rode the bike to find a nearby geocache. I figured I should at least find one cache on this trip.

Next I went back to the motel and hung out the rest of the day and evening. I did get a text message from the man giving me a ride tomorrow letting me know he wouldn't be able to give me a ride after all. I guess I'll have to hitch back. I didn't do anything else except go to dinner. I didn't even take a picture. I felt like I should be on the trail and felt a little guilty for taking a zero. I was tired though and it was good to get the rest. Maybe that's why I just hung out and didn't do anything; I needed the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment