Saturday, September 16, 2017

Colorado Trail - Day 17

August 28, 2017
Camped 331.7 (26.5) 10,390'

Last night was the warmest on the trail so far. I slept good but still took my time getting going. Once started I made it out of camp fairly quickly and was on trail at 7:20.

Most of the day was on roads and the terrain was fairly level so I made good time. I crossed a lot of range land too so I spotted a couple hikers way ahead of me. I eventually caught them, a husband and wife section hiking the CT.

I saw a nobo CT hiker. A lady with a Golden Retriever. We chatted for a minute. She said there were two sobos not far ahead of me. She saw them where we need to ford Cochetopa Creek.

Water was more plentiful than yesterday so that was nice. I stopped for dinner at a good stream a bit before five. Cows were heading my way so I yelled at them.

A bit after dinner, I found a collapsible lantern on the trail. Then, not far from where I'm camped, the two hikers were setting up their camp. I asked if they lost a lantern. Yep, they were happy to have it back. They set up their camp on open grass above the creek, I found a nice spot on a rock outcrop under a tree. I bet they get wet and I think I'll stay dry.









Talking to my Camera at Camp

No comments:

Post a Comment