Saturday, September 16, 2017

Colorado Trail - Day 11

August 22, 2017
Camped CW33.0 (16.0) 11,503'

I was a bit cold last night and didn't want to get up. Even so, I was on the trail by seven. After about an hour I came to Alex and Ryan's camp. I met them in Twin Lakes. They were packing up. I continued the climb to Lake Ann Pass. After awhile I saw Ryan coming. He summited a few minutes after I. Once we started down I never saw him again. His knees are bothering him so that's probably why.

I was really dragging today. Maybe I didn't eat enough yesterday, I don't know. Anyway, I stopped early today and hopefully I'll be rested tomorrow. During the day I stopped and took a nap for about 40 minutes. I also stopped to cook dinner before finishing the day.

Part of the trail allows motorcycles and a couple riders went by. They were at an overlook and I stopped and talked to them. they're from Wisconsin and are on vacation riding out here for a week.

It rained a little while I was finishing up. I'm camped next to a small lake. It's really nice and is a couple miles before Cottonwood Pass.



Flowers Climbing to Lake Ann Pass

Lake Ann

View From Lake Ann Pass



Beaver Dam?

Log Cabin Ruins Near Texas Creek

Lakeside Camp

No comments:

Post a Comment