Thursday, August 11, 2016

Wonderland Trail, Day 6

Summerland to White River

July 27, 2016
7.0 miles.

After the long day yesterday, I slept in this morning and took my time getting out of camp. I walked around the place working on a geocache and took pictures. I'm glad I had time this morning as I was too tired to bother last night.

My Summerland Camp

My Pack on a Rock Near a Creek

Trail Towards Panhandle Gap

Summerland

From Summerland, the trail descended steeply for a bit before easing up as it went towards the Frying Pan Creek trailhead. There were lots of day hikers on their way up to Summerland. The trail was wide and easy to make good time on. A bit before the trailhead, the Wonderland turns off to White River. There is a small ascent but the trail mostly contours around Goat Island Mt. The trail is nice and easy walking all the way to White River, but it is easy to hear the cars going to and from the White River campground.



Nice Wide Trail for all the Day Hikers

Not far before White River, I met up with Jeff and Mike who I met at the South Mowich River campground on my second day. We had a short but nice chat before we continued on our hikes.

The trail crossed the White River and then entered the campground and I was finished around 11:30. I was really excited and happy to have completed the Wonderland Trail. The first two days were mostly overcast and cool, but the last four days were blue skied and gorgeous.

White River Looking Upstream

White River Looking Downstream

I went back to my truck and changed clothes. I talked to a couple of men who just returned back from summiting Rainier, then I drove to Longmire, where I had a burger and a celebratory Wonderland IPA.

No comments:

Post a Comment