Tuesday, September 20, 2016

TRT The Start

September 3, 2016
2.3 trail miles plus half mile to trail from trailhead.

South Kingsbury Trailhead

Yesterday I got on the road a bit past five. I-17 was closed due to a car and brush fire so traffic was bad for me until the Yarnell turnoff due to people rerouting for the holiday weekend. That slowed me down by about an hour or more. I made it to between Henderson and Pahrump where I camped for the night. I got to bed around midnight.

This morning I realized I don't have my tent pegs. I stopped in Pahrump for breakfast and called Barbara to see if she could mail them to Tahoe City. She wasn't able to find them but Katie knew where they were and got them mailed. I bought some too so I'm set if I have to pitch the tarp.

The drive took longer than I thought it would but I made it on the trail for a few miles after throwing everything in my pack. I ended up taking my ULA Circuit instead of my Ray-Way backpack. I chickened out with the amount of water I need to carry. It's heavy! I didn't weigh it, maybe I should have.

I pretty much drove straight through with few stops. Breakfast in Pahrump, lunch and gas in I don't remember where. I also checked out the tufa at Mono Lake.

I'm really excited to be on the trail. It looks like I'll either have a 15 mile day tomorrow or a 25 mile day due to the limited camping in the Nevada State Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment